Risk warning

All articles, strategies and indicators are just reflecting a single traders opinion and should be viewed as that.
I advice everybody to trade with a DEMO account!

Friday, June 1, 2012

First experiences with zulutrade demo account

When I opened a demo account my first idea was to add zulutrade's best signal providers. Zulutrade gives every signal provider a rating according their performance. So can I be any easier. I add their best signal providers and let it run.....

Well I soon found out that it wasn't a good idea at all. Altough their high rated signal providers had been profitable for months they sure didn't seem to be profitable after I added them! In particular I am talking about Forex Cruise Control and jianhong111. I remember my first days when I was trading without any experience....Well the way these signal providers were trading was even worse. Adding to losing positions. Not closing positions, letting the loss go insanely high. And with high I mean high. Jianhong111 made some bad trades losing over 1000 pips. Forex Cruise Control had some real bad entries and has them still open, cumulating 2748 pips in loss !!! When I saw this happening I thought that I was hallucinating and first impression was that zulutrade had found the fastest way to blow up an account! If this would have been a real account with oversized positions I would have had a margin call.

But I didn't let it go so far so I closed the positions and removed them. Damage made was 1231 pips. Never seem so many pips favorate in such a short time. So I removed them all and decided to pick my own signal providers. I picked the following signal providers:

  • TradeGuru 
  • swiss10 
  • NARROW FX-LV 
  • for333 
  • denganyouqianle 

I also decided to add a stop on each signal provider. The result was amazing. Not only did I have few losing trades but the losing trades were also smaller. In no time these provider managed to erase all losses. You can see the history of the demo account below.


Today I also had another experience confirming that you need to put a stop on each signal provider. I had one position that was closed by the signal provider but it wasn't closed on my demo account. So it hit the safety stop I had put on this signal provider....

Conclusion:
Don't pick zulutrade's highest ranked signal providers. Do you homework and find yourself some good ones. Also i would advice to put a safety stop on each signal provider. Of course don't put the safety stop too close and make sure safe is checked. (safe means you use the signal provider stop if it is smaller than yours). You will find signal providers that will make winning trades. Trick is to make sure you keep the possible drawdowns and losses under control!

I am open for comments and suggestions.....

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your , though zulutrade ranking provides an easy scheme to find good providers that doesnt mean they are the only good ones in zulu, a thorough search is required and you will find many providers that are low ranked but offering good overall performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what about now? did you manage to increase your equity? I think you should disable denganyouqianle - I also had him for like a day, until he started openming some crazy positions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have opened a live account. I will share my settings and results from my live account. Will make first post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may set each signal provider into safe trading, ie. putting your own stop losses and/or reverse SP trading position. So if the SP make a buy, then it will sell on your account. Please check all setting/ configuration so it fits for you.

    ReplyDelete